Provides wellness education to residents at an affordable housing complex where Jewish Family Services (JFS) is integrating holistic services. JFS is committed to providing services to the community regardless of their faith, race, national origin, gender identification, or sexual orientation or financial situation.
Part-time position. 20 hours/week. Monday – Thursday, 1pm-6pm. $20-$23/hr.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, coordinates, and implements a balanced program of individual and small-group activities that promote physical/mental/emotional health and wellness and build a sense of community among residents.
- Provides individual and group educational opportunities for residents in disease prevention and management.
- Coordinates with outside agencies and organizations to develop programs on-site to enhance the residents’ experiences and programs.
- Develops and maintains strong partnerships with providers, managed care organizations, and community-based agencies to enhance various health and wellness programs and activities available to residents.
- Develops and disseminates communication materials to educate residents on various health programs within the community.
- Collaborates with the team in the planning of community-wide events and intergenerational programming with residents.
- Plans and executes diverse and engaging programs to meet the needs of a diverse resident population.
- Attends supervision, staff meetings, and staff development activities.
- Functions as part of the JFS team to meet the needs of clients and the agency.
- Other duties as requested by supervisor.
The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive. Employees are required to follow appropriate supervisory direction and perform other related duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree in Health Sciences, Recreation & Leisure, Sociology, Human Services or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s preferred.
- Strong networking/outreach skills, communication, and writing skills.
- Demonstrated abilities include critical thinking skills, professionalism, ability to maintain confidentiality, ability to work resourcefully.
- Strong proficiency with all Microsoft Office 365 applications including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. Ability to master other web based software.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule which may include evenings and weekends.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands/work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, hear, stand, walk, use hands to type and/or perform light lifting up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Conveniently submit your application, cover letter, and resume via our secure online platform.