Flexible hours await the passionate and dynamic individual ready to take on the role of a Social Worker – Outreach Coordinator. Join us in spearheading the expansion of our NORC (Naturally Occurring Retirement Community) program at the Ellison Park Apartments, where the focus is on enriching the lives of our diverse residents aged 60 and older. Dive into meaningful work with a particular emphasis on supporting low-income refugees. As a pivotal member of the NORC team, you’ll enjoy the freedom to shape your schedule while engaging in outreach, conducting comprehensive assessments, and developing personalized care plans to elevate the overall well-being of our vibrant community.
Part-time or Full-time . Pay range $19.00 – 22/hour.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategic Outreach: Drive resident engagement and enrollment by leading targeted outreach initiatives, building a robust caseload, and fostering partnerships with culturally specific agencies.
- Holistic Needs Assessment: Identify the unique needs of our resident population through thorough and holistic intakes and assessments covering psychological, social, physical, and environmental concerns.
- Culturally Competent Care Planning: Develop and execute comprehensive care plans in collaboration with clients and their families, ensuring culturally sensitive approaches to address diverse needs.
- Partnership Development: Forge and maintain strong partnerships with external agencies and resources to coordinate effective service delivery tailored to the growing immigration population at the NORC.
- Client Advocacy: Attend internal and external meetings to advocate for our clients, providing referrals, connections, and support to enhance their overall well-being.
- Communication: Maintain consistent and open communication with clients, caregivers, and other stakeholders, fostering a supportive and collaborative environment.
- Ongoing Monitoring and Support: Provide continuous monitoring and support to clients and their families, responding effectively to crisis situations when needed.
The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive. Employees are required to follow appropriate supervisory direction and perform other related duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 2 years of full-time work experience in care management, with expertise in program coordination and assessment.
- Possess strong problem-solving abilities, crisis intervention skills, and the capability to work both autonomously and collaboratively within a team.
- Familiarity with intergenerational trauma, financial and insurance issues affecting older adults, and understanding of Monroe County Social Services, Social Security, and Mental Health Systems.
- Knowledgeable about community resources and available interventions for older adults.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills are a must, along with comfort conducting face-to-face visits in clients’ homes.
- Familiarity with common experiences among refugees and immigrants to this country (New Americans) and ability to provide culturally responsive support to this population.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including proficiency in electronic record keeping, Excel, and Office 365.
Physical Demands/Work Environment: The physical demands/work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, hear, stand, walk, use hands to type and/or perform light lifting. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Compliance: Adheres to all applicable federal and state laws and regulations including, but not limited to, those governing confidentiality, privacy, and documentation standards. All duties must be performed in accordance with JFS corporate compliance & HIPAA program.
Jewish Family Services is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive environment. EOE/AA Disability/Vet
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.