Jewish Family Services (JFS) is seeking a social coordinator that works directly with residents, 60 years of age and older who reside at a Naturally Occurring Retirement Community (NORC) at the Ellison Park Apartments as well as at the Rochester Highlands. Both the NORC and the Rochester Highlands programs provide supports to low-income older adults to stay at home during the last years of their lives for as long as it is safely possible. The social coordinator works directly with the NORC Director to provide technical support and training for a virtual senior center platform, data entry, creating social programming, oversees group activities and performs outreach to the residents. The social coordinator will work one on one and in groups with residents, often performing home visits. This position requires travel to both sites. JFS is committed to providing services to older adults regardless of their faith, race, national origin, gender identification, or sexual orientation or financial situation.
Responsibilities & Essential Duties
- Set up and provide ongoing assistance for JFS Connects iPad lending program for clients at both locations
- Coordinate the lending of the iPads (including signing them in and out; ensuring the iPad agreement is reviewed and signed; maintain a complete list for signed out iPads; maintain the iPad charging cart
- Provide technical assistance to residents in utilizing loaned iPads and accessing our virtual groups
- Provide basic computer 101 and/or Zoom 101 classes for interested residents
- Create and facilitate social and recreational activities to promote resident socialization
- Assist with outreach to potential participants
- Create monthly calendars
- Create quarterly caregiver newsletters
- Other duties as assigned
- 2-3 years’ experience in an administrative support position or related experience.
- Experience working with senior adults.
- Must have excellent organizational and technology skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Must be comfortable with general office equipment such as fax, printer, and office phone system
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and interpersonal skills required, with the ability to work alone and in a team environment.
- Must feel comfortable visiting residents in their homes with COVID precautions in place
- Candidate must have the ability to trouble shoot and problem solve.
- Valid NYS motor vehicle license, safe driving record, and an insured personal vehicle for use at work are required
- Able to climb stairs
- Able to lift-up to 25 lbs