Undergraduate Scholarship funds are available through a restricted endowment of the former Jewish Children’s Home of Rochester which designates that Jewish youth in Monroe County be helped in meeting their educational and vocational goals. Priority is given to descendants of residents of the Jewish Children’s Home as well as to those who face financial hardships paying for college. Scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must explore and exhaust all community and personal financial resources
- Applicant must be Jewish
- Applicant must have legal residence in area served by the agency
- Derive financial support from family who lives in the area served by the agency or
- Be financially self-supporting and have lived in the area prior to beginning college or
- Be married to someone who is Jewish or who has explored and exhausted all community and personal financial resources
- Applicant must attend an accredited undergraduate school with a clear education goal
If you would like to apply for an undergraduate grant, please download the application form and cover sheet. The application and cover sheet must be complete with all required attachments to be considered. Applications for the next college year must be received by May 15th. Instructions for filling in the required information and on providing necessary attachments are included on the form.
Please contact Barbara Connor, Chief Administrative Officer, at (585) 506-3056 or email email@example.com to learn more.