Pencils & Paper, a program of Jewish Family Services, provides free school supplies to teachers at high poverty schools – ensuring every student the opportunity for academic success and personal growth. As Program Director at Pencils & Paper, you will build sustainable partnerships with local organizations, teachers, and volunteers in our community. JFS is committed to providing services to the community regardless of their faith, race, national origin, gender identification, or sexual orientation or financial situation. Full-time position. Salary range – $43-$50k.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct outreach to cultivate new partnerships within the community.
- Ensure compliance with Kids in Need Foundation (KINF) agreement and donor requirements.
- Conduct and coordinate supply orders and deliveries with KINF affiliates, vendors, and freight haulers.
- Assist with funder updates and grant-writing as needed.
- Review and revise program policies and procedures as needed.
- Monitor expenses and annual budget.
- Supervise Program Assistant.
- Supervise interns, providing a meaningful and educational experience as needed.
- Create an environment that promotes volunteer opportunities for the community including groups, businesses, and individuals with developmental disabilities. Orient, train, and supervise volunteers.
- Oversee inventory management, including warehouse storage and retail presentation.
- Oversee teacher shopping and organize alternative teacher pick-up methods, bulk supply deliveries, and other distribution systems as needed to ensure timely allocation of materials to teachers and students.
- Manage drop off and receipt of on-site donations. Organize supply drives and coordination of donation pick-ups at community area partnerships, and local KINF affiliates (e.g., Staples, Joann’s).
- Open and/or close site and ensure readiness for each day of operation. Maintain cleanliness and organization of retail floor, volunteer room, warehouse, side warehouse, and back hall.
- Host onsite and remote tours as requested.
- Ensure maintenance of essential operating equipment.
- Ability to adhere to a flexible work schedule including occasional evenings and weekends.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Five years in operations management a plus.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal and interviewing skills.
- Demonstrated ability with written communications.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent technology skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite..
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands/work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, hear, stand, walk, use hands to type and lift up to 40 lbs. Must be able to operate a portable pallet jack, pack pallets and assist with deliveries. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Conveniently submit your application, cover letter, and resume via our secure online platform.