Jewish Family Services (JFS) is seeking a part-time Program Assistant, responsible for the management of the daily administrative operations of Pencils & Paper.
Responsibilities & Essential Duties
School Teacher/Database Management
- New teacher registration including scheduling, email reminders for upcoming shopping dates, soliciting survey participation.
- Maintain current teacher lists in appointment software.
- Establish annual list of Teacher Liaison participants.
- Track teacher cancellations and follow-up.
- Thank you notes to teachers as needed.
- Respond to new school/teacher inquiries.
- School registration and management.
Social Media/Student & Teacher Thank You
- Manage student thank you notes.
- Obtain and organize photos of volunteers, teachers shopping, and students using supplies.
- Update social media.
- Recruiting, contacting and follow-up with Supply Drive hosts.
- Maintain excel spreadsheet of in-kind donations. Update individuals, organizations, and contact information as needed.
- Forward list of in-kind donations to Administrative Coordinator to generate thank you notes.
- Assist with maintaining and developing relations with community partners.
- Coordinate in-kind donation pick-ups.
- Coordinate cleaning schedule. Maintain organized office environment.
- Order supplies including food for special events. Inventory and restock volunteer beverages and snack basket.
- Answer phones greet visitors/volunteers/teachers.
- Coordinate with qualifying organizations to redistribute slow moving product.
- Schedule and follow-up of shopping assistants for teacher shops, volunteer groups, and individual volunteers
- Maintain current volunteer lists.
- Ensure all volunteers sign-in/sign out.
- Report monthly hours of volunteers.
- 2-3 years administrative experience. College degree preferred, related experience a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 as well as social media.
- Valid NYS motor vehicle license, safe driving record required.
- Car required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.