As the JFS Aging Care Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a vibrant & culturally diverse group of individuals 60 years of age and older who call the Ellison Park apartment complex home. Your job will be to problem solve and guide them on their paths to safety, security, wellness, fulfillment, and future planning. Working collaboratively with your clients and caregivers, you’ll develop and implement a personalized care plan that addresses their unique needs to support their quality of life. In addition to providing one-on-one support, you’ll also connect your clients to a range of programs and resources that can help them stay independent, connected, and engaged as they age.
Full-time. Benefits. Hourly Range – $21 – $23.50.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct holistic intakes and assessments encompassing psychological, social, physical, and environmental concerns to provide exceptional care, applying trauma informed framework to clients living at the Ellison Park apartment complex.
- Collaborate with clients and their caregivers to create and implement personalized care plans that support unique goals.
- Connects clients with relevant services, resources, and referrals to help them achieve desired outcomes and enhance their quality of life.
- Establish and maintain open lines of communication with clients and their caregiversto foster strong relationships and ensure consistent high quality care.
- Provide ongoing monitoring to clients and their caregivers to promote optimal health, well-being, and independence.
- Collaborates with the Aging Outreach Coordinator to create meaningful social program opportunities that promote community engagement and socialization.
- Encourage clients to attend social programming that aligns with their interests.
- Represents clients’ interests and needs in internal & external meetings to advocate on their behalf.
- Serve as a mentor for social work interns and new hires as requested.
The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive. Employees are required to follow appropriate supervisory direction and perform other related duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s in social work or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 2 years full-time work experience in care management, program coordination, and assessment
- Ability to assess issues regarding safety or elder abuse/neglect
- Must be comfortable conducting face to face visits in client’s homes
- Excellent computer skills. Experience with Office 365 and web based client record keeping system.
- Fluency in several languages a plus but not required.
Physical Demands/Work Environment: The physical demands/work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, hear, stand, walk, use hands to type and/or perform light lifting. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Compliance: Adheres to all applicable federal and state laws and regulations including, but not limited to, those governing confidentiality, privacy, and documentation standards. All duties must be performed in accordance with JFS corporate compliance & HIPPA program.
Jewish Family Services is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive environment. EOE/AA Disability/Vet
Conveniently submit your application, cover letter, and resume via our secure online platform.
JFS is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive environment.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.