Expanded In-home Services for the Elderly Program (EISEP) is a state and county funded service to help people stay at home and avoid needing to use Medicaid by premature moves to a higher level of care. It provides case management and subsidized home care and other services to help the older person stay independent in the community. The EISEP Community Collaboration has case managers at four different sites – Catholic Family Center, Urban League of Rochester, and Jewish Family Services.
How Does the EISEP program work?
- You must be a Monroe County resident.
- You must be at least 60 years of age.
- You must have unmet needs but safe in the home.
- Potential clients must need assistance with at least two activities of daily living (ADL’s) to qualify.
- If you are eligible to receive similar services under Medicare, Medicaid, or any other government program, you are not eligible for EISEP.
There may be a fee for the home care and/or respite services, depending on your monthly income. The case management portion of the program is provided free of charge, but donations are accepted.
Monday – Thursday, 8:30 am – 5 pm. Friday, 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
Jewish Family Services
255 East Avenue Suite 201,
Rochester, NY 14604 (Map)
For more information about EISEP, please contact Dee Schwartz at email@example.com or call (585) 506-3072.