What We Offer
Jewish Family Services (JFS) is committed to rewarding its employees with a comprehensive and competitive benefit package. From healthcare plans to retirement planning, we provide our employees with resources they need now and in the future. We demonstrate our commitment to our staff by offering a benefit package that includes but not limited to:
- Health insurance – We offer three health insurance plan options including one traditional co-pay plan and two high deductible options through Excellus BCBS.
- Dental insurance – The JFS dental plan helps you and your family to control the costs of preventive & basic dental care.
- Flexible spending accounts – An FSA account allows you to set aside a portion of earnings up to $2,600 to pay for qualified
medical and $5,000 dependent care expenses.
- Life insurance – This employer paid benefit provides life insurance to your named beneficiaries in the event of your untimely death. The insurance benefit is based on one and a half times your annual salary.
- Vacation & Sick Time – Full-time and Part-time employees accrue vacation and sick time bi-weekly based on their standard work week.
- Holidays – JFS observes the following legal holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Friday after Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day. Additionally, JFS observes up to 13 Jewish holidays.
- 403(b) – Employees are eligible to contribute to the 403 (b) retirement plan immediately upon hire. After meeting the requirement of one full year of employment an employee will be eligible for an employer contribution. A Roth IRA option is also available.
Summary: The School Counselor provides services to meet the social, emotional, developmental, and mental health needs of children and youth at Jewish day schools and child care centers. The counselor