Jewish Family Services of Rochester, Inc. (JFS) is seeking a full-time EISEP case manager to work with individuals 60 years of age and older, who need assistance with activities of daily living (ADL’s) and is not eligible for the same service through another Medicare, Medicaid program. The care manager will meet with the older adult and their family and will perform an in-home assessment to determine eligibility for in home services. The care manager will also connect individuals to programs that help the older adult stay independent, connected, and engaged as they age. JFS is committed to providing services to older adults regardless of their faith, race, national origin, gender identification, or sexual orientation or financial situation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acquires knowledge of EISEP regulations and standards
- Keeps updated on new regulations and standards set by SOFA
- Provides case management services to older adults that require assistance with ADL’s
- Screens individuals for program eligibility
- Conducts in-home psychosocial assessments to determine client need and financial status with client and caregiver
- Completes full assessments on computer
- Develops and implements comprehensive care plans
- Authorizes and arranges for home care through contracted Aide Agencies/Day Programs
- Authorizes for payment of bills by tracking services
- Monitor’s clients and services in accordance with state regulations
- Keeps up-to-date records and documents according to policy
- Provides linkage to other opportunities and entitlements to the individual
- Acquires up-to-date knowledge of aging services and professional practices through reading
- and attending seminars, workshops, and conferences
- Participates in staff meetings and case reviews in accordance with state regulations
- Completes all statistics and written reports in a thorough and timely fashion
- Conducts outreach and public relations activities as requested
- Is aware of and actively supports the Agency’s cultural competency goals, efforts, and activities
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive. Employees are required to follow appropriate supervisory direction and perform other related duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in human services or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong networking/outreach skills, communication, and writing skills.
- Demonstrated abilities include critical thinking skills, professionalism, ability to maintain confidentiality, ability to work resourcefully.
- Strong proficiency with all Microsoft Office 365 applications. Peer Place software a plus.
Physical Demands/Work Environment: The physical demands/work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, hear, stand, walk, use hands to type and/or perform light lifting. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Compliance: Adheres to all applicable federal and state laws and regulations including, but not limited to, those governing confidentiality, privacy, and documentation standards. All duties must be performed in accordance with JFS corporate compliance & HIPPA program.
Jewish Family Services is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive environment. EOE/AA Disability/Vet
Conveniently submit your application, cover letter, and resume via our secure online platform.