Professionally manages and oversees the day-to-day activities of senior management including scheduling, board of director committee functions & events, various agency endeavors in an accurate, efficient, customer/client focused and professional manner. Ability to set work priorities, assess those items of a critical nature, and handle sensitive and confidential information. JFS is committed to providing services to the community regardless of their faith, race, national origin, gender identification, or sexual orientation or financial situation.
Full-time position. 37.5 hours/week. $19-$22/hr.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independently manage meeting schedule of the CEO/President, working with senior leadership, external and internal constituents, board of director members, committee members etc. Ability to assess urgency for meeting requests and determine appropriate timelines. Assure accuracy and efficiency in maintaining calendars. Scribe meeting minutes/notes and distribute as assigned.
- Manage, coordinate, and support committees of the board of directors.
- Develop meeting schedules, communicate with committee members, set-up video conference calls as needed.
- Volunteer Coordination across programs. Process new volunteer applications and background checks. Track volunteer assignments and hours. Run quarterly reports of volunteer activity.
- Assist in preparation of correspondence, special projects/events and volunteers as assigned.
- Manage donor database. Process donor gift acknowledgements across programs in Donor Perfect Software.
- Cross-trained with other office personnel.
- Lunch set-up/clean-up for committee meetings as needed.
The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive. Employees are required to follow appropriate supervisory direction and perform other related duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Associate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Three years of experience as an executive assistant a plus. Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint. Experience with Donor Perfect, donation software and Volgistics, volunteer software a plus. Demonstrated abilities include critical thinking skills, professionalism, ability to maintain confidentiality, ability to work resourcefully.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands/work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, hear, stand, walk, use hands to type and/or perform light lifting. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Conveniently submit your application, cover letter, and resume via our secure online platform.