Jewish Family Service provides Expanded In-home Services for the Elderly Program (EISEP) services. EISEP assists older adults who need minimal assistance with housekeeping and/or personal care and non-institutional respite services through various social adult day programs. EISEP services are intended for long term, non-medical situations. Each EISEP client is matched with a case manager who assesses the client and determines what services are needed, monitors the services and provides on-going guidance to the client and their family.
- Housekeeping services may include light housekeeping, laundry and/or meal preparation.
- Personal care may include bathing, dressing, grooming and/or ambulating.
- Non-institutional respite care is offered through subcontracts with five social adult day programs throughout the County.
- Clients are required to share the cost of services, based on income. These costs are determined by a sliding scale and range from no-cost to full-cost
Eligibility and Criteria
- You must be a Monroe county resident
- You must be at least 60 years of age
- Potential clients must need assistance with activities of daily living (ADL’s) to qualify.
- If you are eligible to receive similar services under Medicare, Medicaid or any other government program, you are not eligible for EISEP.
There may be a fee for the home care and/or respite services, depending on your monthly income. The case management portion of the program is provided free of charge but donations are accepted.
EISEP services are provided in your home or apartment.
Call (585) 461-0110 for an appointment or to learn more about EISEP. Basic information is taken over the phone and a case manager is assigned to conduct an in-home assessment. A care plan is developed during the home visit. Services are then arranged for and coordinated based on the care plan.