Back to Careers
SUMMARY: Administrative Assistant - Part time
Provide administrative support for the Director of Housing & Literacy Services and supporting staff. Duties include but not limited to, data entry, technology support, website updates, group activities and outreach to residents. Able to work independently on specific tasks. Onsite part-time position at the Rochester Highlands location. 8-10 hours per week.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL DUTIES
Provide administrative and technological assistance to 4 staff who provide services at our onsite office at the Rochester Highlands.
- Providing general technical assistance to staff (e.g., running reports, setting up Excel spreadsheets, helping them to utilize new platforms)
- Set up and provide ongoing assistance for iPad lending program for residents
- Providing technical assistance for residents when utilizing our loaned iPads
- Coordinating the lending of the iPads (including signing them in and out; ensuring the iPad agreement is reviewed and signed; maintaining a complete list for signed out iPads; maintaining the iPad charging cart)
- Provide technical assistance to residents who access our virtual groups
- Assist with basic website updates
- Potentially provide basic computer 101 and/or Zoom 101 classes for residents
- Assist with setting up group activities
- Assist with resident outreach
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years’ experience in an administrative support position or related experience.
- Must have excellent organizational and technology skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Must be comfortable with general office equipment such as fax, printer, and office phone system.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and interpersonal skills required, with the ability to work alone and in a team environment.
- Candidate must have the ability to trouble shoot and problem solve.
2-3 years experience
Able to climb stairs. Lift up to 25 lbs.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.