Back to Careers
SUMMARY: Clinical Director
The Clinical Director (full- or part-time) position is a blend of providing direct clinical services and administrative/supervisory responsibilities. Direct clinical services include individual therapy/counseling and group therapy. Administrative/supervisory responsibilities include supervision for counselors and oversight of best practices in our counseling department (ensuring compliance with regulations). Must have the ability to think globally, solve problems and have good decision-making skills, including critical thinking skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Provide ongoing therapy/counseling to adults, families, and/or children/adolescents
- Provide group therapy
- Administrative and clinical supervision of counselors
- Provide oversight of best practices in our counseling department
- Ensure compliance with regulations
- Provide clinical training to clinical staff and interns
- Ensure client records are kept according to JFS and best practice
- Assist in community outreach efforts and support marketing of JFS’ counseling services
- Develop, plan, and implement strategies for program continuation and growth
- Attend supervision, case consultations, staff meetings, and staff development activities
- Other duties as requested by supervisor
- Paneled (or ability to become paneled) provider for Medicare and private insurance carriers
- Program development, data, and performance management experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and data management environments. Experience with Simple Practice Software a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours (both days and/or evenings) a plus
- Bilingual a plus
- Valid New York State clinical license
JFS is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive environment.
NYS licesensue as LCSW-R preferred. Other licensed progessionals (e.g. Master's Degree or higher in Metal Health Counseling, Psychology or related field) may be considered based on acceptance from insurance payers and ability to supervise the counselors on our team.
Six or more years post-degree, clinical exp. or 3 or more of supervisory and/or clinical leadership experience
Must have a current, valid NYS driver license and a reliable car. Able to lift 25 lbs.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.