Back to Careers
SUMMARY: Farmers Market Outreach Worker
The Farmers Market Outreach Worker is responsible for staffing a booth at the Brighton Farmer’s Market every Sunday that the Market is open. Food and money collected benefit the Brighton Food Cupboard (BFC). Winter hours are 1-4 pm, December - May at Brookside School, 220 Idlewood Rd. Summer hours are 9-1 am, beginning May 10 Brighton High School parking lot through November 29. Dates are subject to change year to year.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- At the beginning of the market day during summer, set-up tent, table, chair and community outreach information at the Brighton Farmer's Market located in the parking lot of Brighton High School. During winter months, set-up table and information inside the Brookside School. Ensure that BFC booth looks professional and inviting.
- Provide information about BFC to interested members of the community. This includes information on how BFC operates, how to donate food and money, and information on volunteering.
- Collect food, cash and other items donated by community members.
- Develop relationships with the Farmers Market vendors. Request donations of remaining produce and other products at the end of the market day and collect items.
- At the end of the market day, dismantle tent and bring all collected food and cash to the BFC located at the Brookside School, 220 Idlewood Rd, 14618. Store food in appropriate refrigerator.
- Other duties as requested by supervisor.
High School Graduate. Candidate must have an outgoing personality and enthusiasm for the program.
Outgoing personality a must!
Must have a current, valid NYS driver license and a reliable car. Able to lift 25 lbs.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.